5 Fool-Proof Ways to Beat A Funk
“No-one can pull anyone back from anywhere. You either save yourself or remain unsaved.” – Alice Sebold, The Lovely Bones.
The dreaded ‘Funk’. Rarely sought after, feared by most, highly contagious and can be in some instances, fatal for businesses.
We all have bad days. It’s human nature. From time to time, you have moments where you question why you’re doing what you’re doing; whether it’s really worth it or how those big dreams could ever be achieved. But do you unpack and live there? Getting out of a funk can be an arduous task or, with the right mindset, as simple as switching your perspective.
So if you feel yourself sliding down the slippery slope of De-motivation Mountain, turning the corner onto Couldn’t Care Less Boulevarde and getting dangerously close to It’s All Too Hard Parade – don’t wait for someone to come and take the wheel for you. It’s time to wake up and start actively steering your vehicle.
Here are our top 5 tips for pulling yourself out of that funk:
- Connect – for real. In the world of online business, it’s easy to find yourself scrolling the pages of social media mindlessly. Tap out – make a connection with some real people. Say hi to your next door neighbour. Chat to the lady at the juice bar. Ask that person at the gym how their day is going.
- Revisit your ‘why’. Why did you start doing what you’re doing? In the beginning you were inspired and excited…what happened? Your motivation for doing what you’re doing may have changed. Sit down, find out exactly it is that really sparks your fire.
- Random Acts of Kindness. Pay for an extra coffee at the coffee shop, give someone random a bunch of flowers – offer to help someone with their groceries. Nothing quite puts a pep in your step like making another person’s day.
- Play some tunes. Music is an excellent mood-influencer. Find some beats that get your juices flowing, play them loud and long – get up and dance if you have to!
- GRATITUDE. Start with listing everything in your life you’re grateful for and watch the list grow. Gratitude turns enough into more, chaos into order, confusion into clarity. When you look at life with an attitude of gratitude there is simply no way you can ever be demotivated.
Live, love, lead a life by design x